Shale Gas Boom Is Coming to Connecticut by Martha KleinAs a result of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, oil and gas have become cheaper to extract, and the drop in domestic market price is forcing profit driven energy companies to seek alternate markets. The gas companies want to build new pipeline, increase the size of older pipeline, and bring more gas into our state, ostensibly for domestic use but also to link pipeline to liquid natural gas stations which convert gas to liquid fuel for storage and shipping. Right now, the gas, or more accurately, the methane, that is imported via pipelines into Connecticut is about half fracked, but in the future, that amount will be close to 100%. Energy companies claim this pipeline infrastructure increase is needed, because in winter the demand for gas increases in New England, which results in “price volatility”. Opponents point out numerous flaws in that claim, however. The overall energy use in our state has decreased slightly. People are responding to the crisis caused by climate disruption that they see all around them, and are using less energy as a result. A number of recent studies demonstrate that by continuing this trend of using less power, no more fossil fuels need to be added to the electrical energy mix. (more info to come!) (click on either jpeg for a closer look!)
WIN, WIN, WIN! Cash back for customer, fundraising for local chapter, and clean energy (win for the environment!) This is what happens when you go solar through Sungevity! Join the solar revolution and help your local Sierra Club at the same time. Get a quote and see how you can join the revolution. Just go to: www.sierraclub.org/solarhomes
For more information about the program click HERE for the FAQ (frequently asked questions)
Get a free consultation and sign up for solar panels soon! In October we have a $1,000/$1,000 promotion: throughout the month of October, Sungevity will send $1,000 back to the Sierra Club and $1,000 back to the homeowner!
1) CLEAN ENERGY MOVES US BEYOND COAL AND OTHER DIRTY ENERGY SOURCES: Going solar supports the mission and work of the Sierra Club.
2) OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN CLIMATE SOLUTIONS: Going solar now supports green jobs and helps clean energy grow.
3) TESTED PROGRAM: Feedback from pilot was overwhelmingly positive—good experience with process, Sungevity, and they love using clean energy!
4) SUPPORT LOCAL CHAPTERS: National Sierra Club promotion of the Solar Homes program supports local chapters who will receive unrestricted funds for advocacy and conservation programs as well as crucial overhead costs.5) TIME IS RIGHT FOR SOLAR: Affordable leasing options are available and you can be a part of the growing solar revolution.
6) DIRTY ENERGY IS COSTING US ALL: Coal is making our kids and adults sick by polluting the air we breathe and the water we drink. Big Coal profits at the expense of people.7) CLEAN ENERGY IS CREATING JOBS AND POWERING THE ECONOMY: Wind and solar already provide more jobs than the coal mining industry. Generating power with solar creates seven times more jobs than doing so with coal. __________________________________________________________________
Coal 101: A simple way to visualize the problems with coal, the outdated way to make power. A clean energy future is available now; why don't we move beyond coal? (click on image)