More pipelines lock us into more fracking! Get the basics here!
Earth, the Arts & Science
Immanuel Congregational Church, Hartford
Saturday, April 18, 10 AM - 2 PM
The Environmental Ministry Team of Immanuel Congregational Church (UCC) invites you to find ways to care for the
Attendance is free with a donation for lunch. You can register for this event at:
Presenters will include:
Gas Pipeline Educational Forums Harry Bennett Branch Library, 115
Vine Road, Stamford
Coventry Town Annex, 1712 Main Street, Coventry
There are numerous pipeline expansion plans currently undergoing approval at the federal and state level, yet many Connecticut residents are unaware of the costs associated with these projects.
Please attend our forum if you want answers to the following questions:
1. How will pipeline expansions affect my town & neighborhood?
2. How will the cost of these new projects affect my energy bill?
3. Is methane, or fracked, natural gas, really a bridge fuel?
4. What are the health and safety impacts for local residents?
5. What is the effect on the environment of piping fracked gas under rivers, through wetlands, and across sensitive ecosystems?
6. How does leaked methane impact climate change?
7. More gas = more fracking = more toxic, radioactive fracking waste. What does this mean for CT?
There is significant concern about
the effects of these construction projects on the economy, environment, health
and safety of the citizens of Connecticut, and development of low carbon,
renewable energy alternatives. This event is free and open to the public.
(click on the picture to see the video and send the message!)
That's what happens when you sign up to go solar with Sungevity and Sierra Club. It's a win for your budget, a win for the environment, and a win for your local Sierra Club chapter.Check it out at:
For more information about the program click HERE for the FAQ (frequently asked questions)6) DIRTY ENERGY IS COSTING US ALL.
Get a free consultation and sign up for solar panels soon! Sungevity will send $750 back to the Sierra Club and $750 back to the homeowner!
1) CLEAN ENERGY MOVES US BEYOND COAL AND OTHER DIRTY ENERGY SOURCES
2) OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN CLIMATE SOLUTIONS
3) TESTED PROGRAM: Feedback from pilot was overwhelmingly positive!
4) SUPPORT LOCAL CHAPTERS
5) TIME IS RIGHT FOR SOLAR: Affordable leasing options are available
7) CLEAN ENERGY IS CREATING JOBS AND POWERING THE ECONOMY: Wind and solar already provide more jobs than the coal mining industry.
The 2015 state legislative session began in January. We are forming a grassroots legislative network to advance state legislation. If you are interested in attending public hearings, taking action on bills, or calling and writing your legislators, please contact Laurie Julian here.
The Connecticut Chapter of the Sierra Club Grassroots Legislative Network
Connecticut Sierra Club Takes on Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs) Click here for details See also: http://gmofreect.org/ Link to online version of CONCERNS WITH GMOs - WHAT IS THE SCIENCE?
Sign the petitions against pipeline expansions!!Stop supporting fracked gas export through New England!