Connecticut Sierra Club Takes on Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs) Click here for details See also: http://gmofreect.org/ Link to online version of CONCERNS WITH GMOs - WHAT IS THE SCIENCE?
Cash back for customer, fundraising for local chapter, and clean energy (win for the environment!) This is what happens when you go solar through Sungevity! Join the solar revolution and help your local Sierra Club at the same time. Get a quote and see how you can join the revolution. Just go to: www.sierraclub.org/solarhomes
1) CLEAN ENERGY MOVES US BEYOND COAL AND OTHER DIRTY ENERGY SOURCES: Going solar supports the mission and work of the Sierra Club.
2) OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN CLIMATE SOLUTIONS: Going solar now supports green jobs and helps clean energy grow.
3) TESTED PROGRAM: Feedback from pilot was overwhelmingly positive—good experience with process, Sungevity, and they love using clean energy!
4) SUPPORT LOCAL CHAPTERS: National Sierra Club promotion of the Solar Homes program supports local chapters who will receive unrestricted funds for advocacy and conservation programs as well as crucial overhead costs.5) TIME IS RIGHT FOR SOLAR: Affordable leasing options are available and you can be a part of the growing solar revolution.
6) DIRTY ENERGY IS COSTING US ALL: Coal is making our kids and adults sick by polluting the air we breathe and the water we drink. Big Coal profits at the expense of people.
7) CLEAN ENERGY IS CREATING JOBS AND POWERING THE
ECONOMY: Wind and solar already provide more
jobs than the coal mining industry. Generating power with solar creates seven
times more jobs than doing so with coal.
Check out a new educational trail made by: CT Sierra Club, UCONN Invasive Plant Group, and USDA. It's in Mansfield, across the street from the Eagleville Reservoir (just west of the intersection of Route 32 and Route 275)
Here are some pictures of the prep work for the new invasive plant species signs put in along the trail:
Roberta Paro getting in touch with
her inner post hole digger... .....and a great crew of 12 (1 is taking the photo)